The Book of Eli, bELIeve in Hope
Posted on June 1, 2010 | Movie Review
Eli (played Denzel Washington) is a traveler who brings a duty to convey the Holy Bible. Trusting the voice that told him that he had to keep walking towards the west to convey the Holy Bible. The journey is not easy to do, of course, reinforced by the condition of the world destroyed by war, robbery is everywhere, trees and clean water is so important to the lives of the more rare and difficult to obtain. Only faith that makes him stand! “Walk by Faith, not by sight.”
Actually, there’s two things that still makes me wonder, there’s no explanation in the movie, even when the movie is over I still don’t get it :
1. In the morning outside Carnegie’s place, how did Eli survive when he’s about to walk out and Redridge shot him from behind?
2. How did Solara (cast by Mila Kunis) so easily came out from Carnegie’s place and leave her mom and follow Eli to go to West?
And by the way, here is some facts about this movie as quoted from IMDB :
- Kristen Stewart turned down Mila Kunis’ role due to scheduling conflicts with New Moon (2009).
- Denzel Washington performed all of his own stunts in the hand-to-hand fight sequences.
- For the movie Denzel Washington studied martial arts under Bruce Lee’s protégé Dan Inosanto.
Before you watch this movie, remember what I’m gonna tell you, that at the end of movie I believe that you will definitely go back to the beginning and wonder as well as I do. You won’t bELIeve it!
Title : The Book of Eli
Director : Albert Hughes & Allen Hughes
Starring : Denzel Washington, Mila Kunis, Gary Oldman, Ray Stevenson, Jenifer Beals
Release Date : 14 April 2010 (Indonesia)
June 1, 2010 |
Post Tags :