10 interesting facts relating to the Internet:
Posted on April 19, 2010 | Another Info
10 interesting facts relating to the Internet [CHIP Magz]:
1. 1 position in the list of countries with the largest broadband connection the State occupied by the islands of Bermuda.
2. 2% of the world’s servers are owned by GOOGLE.
3. 3 minutes into the average video duration diinternet.
4. 4 years required World Wide Web to reach 50 million users since its launch. No other media which is spreading as quickly. Radio took 38 years, TV for 13 years. Nevertheless, the iPod ™ reach 50 million within 3 years, while social network Facebook ™ even in 2 years.
5. 5% of world electricity consumption is used to access the Internet.
6. Sex no longer be number one. Has replaced the social networking website in the year 2008, according to U.S. author, Bill Tancer.
7. 7 of 10 internet surfers in Europe connected to the internet using DSL connection.
8. Of the 8 couples married in the U.S. in 2008, an average of only one couple who know each other through the internet.
9. Viewed from an annual transaction value amounted to $ 21.6 million (2008), Google ™ is in 9th position in the list of the most successful technology companies. Viewed from a profit of $ 94.23 billion, Google ™ position 8. In the meantime, judging from the revenue per employee, Google ™ occupy the first position with $ 209,624.
10. Based on a study from Cisco, the amount of data sent over the Internet yagn at year end 2013 is estimated mencapar 56 exabytes per month. This amount is equivalent to 10 billion DVD content.
April 19, 2010 |
Post Tags :